I purchased a 2004 F350 Ford Diesel Pick Up Truck on April 20th 2013 for my son. I paid $1525 for a three year 36,000 mile warranty. I picked the Comprehensive Coverage which is 2nd to best coverage and supposedly covers most items.

The pick up truck started to have an oil leak in June 2013 (still does as of this email) so I contacted GWC and asked if they recommend I take it somewhere. They said Cross Road Truck and Auto was their preferred provider. I took the truck to them. They did a nice job (I think). While there they found other issues they had concerns about they believed needed to get fixed. Since this was a GWC vendor and from what I saw in the contract the work they said needed to get done was covered, I said to move ahead but they stated they wanted the assessor from GWC to come first. The assessor came and the problem is GWC did not want to pay for the majority of the work.

I agreed to move ahead to fix the items because the items they found I thought were necessary for the safety of my son driving the truck. Once the work was complete I had multiple conversations with GWC to no avail and in fact they were VERY rude. I was being reasonable with them only asking for them to cover the oil pan ($769.78) and the crank shaft seal ($244.58). There were other items I felt were also covered but I only focused on the oil pan and the crank shaft seal. They refused to pay. I told them that I was going to make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and they said they were not concerned. They only paid $480.04 out of $2,275.20.

I went through 6 cycles of dispute resolution through the BBB to no avail. Their contract has so many loop holes that an oil pan is not part of an engine! Ridiculous! DO NOT USE THEM!

Had an Experience with GWC Warranty?

Comments

Bangalore, Karnataka, India #756182

Of course I get canned responses why they won't cover anything. They are the worse.