2.0
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Just when I needed coverage the most, they denied it without explanation. The other reviews are correct, this is nothing but a scam.

Originally, I had to have some transmission work done on my 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. Since the dealership had neglected to report this damage to GWC, the portion that would have been covered was not, but when I called, they promised that they would review the claim retroactively. That promise was a lie; they never did so and informed me when I called several days later that they would not cover it under any circumstances.

The second claim occurred a few weeks later when my car started having engine trouble. The dealership could not find any issues through electronic diagnostics, and suggested rebuilding or replacing the engine. GWC’s adjuster told them they would have to tear down the engine to approve a replacement, which would cost me about $1500 that would not be covered, however the cost of a new engine is over $6000, so I approved it. After performing a total teardown and having three claims adjusters come to the dealership to inspect it, each of whom insisted on further teardown, they summarily denied my claim citing “normal wear”. One of the cylinders showed 70% leak down, and they consider that normal wear?! “Matt” the adjuster claimed that the dealership “could not show cause of failure” even though they had repeatedly done so. In an effort to defraud me, Matt chose simply to ignore the evidence of failure and summarily deny my claim without explanation. At this point I have been without my car for two months, and have had no repair work done yet. Now, they are not returning my dealership’s phone calls.

This company has got to be one of the worst in history. When I call, I usually end up waiting on hold for upwards of 30 minutes. The staff are smug and arrogant, and so far they have been anything but helpful. At this point, I have no alternative other than to file a lawsuit, and report this fraudulent activity to the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Affairs, and the PA Office of the Attorney General. I strongly advise anyone else who has been victimized by this company to do the same. With enough voices of cheated consumers, they can and will be shut down permanently.

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of gwc extended warranty plan from GWC Warranty. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants GWC Warranty to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was claim process, always an excuse and customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by GWC Warranty for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments